Saturday, September 17, 2005

Losing Kassie

Kassie
My sister's dog Kassie will be put down this morning. She has severe separation anxiety and will start shaking and having diarhea (sp) as soon as she is left alone. April's even tried medication to help poor Kassie's anxiety. April got married last month and the new home and husband isn't working out with Kassie. I think Renato finally pointed out that Kassie had no quality of life and talked her into this. April says Kassie's at peace maybe 2 hours a day.

She's an old, sick dog, but she's very sweet, would never hurt anyone. I liked her gentle nature better than my sister's other dog Bogie, who is large and boisterous. I wish I had had a chance to say good-bye to her when I was at April's wedding last month.

Good-bye, Kassie. Your auntie loves you.

No comments: