Sunday, May 25, 2003

The Hands of the Potter

I saw the second movie on video last night. This one made me less uncomfortable and had more fantastic things than the first one. How can anyone say this is Witchcraft?

It was also quite scary (do little children freak out?) and a nail-biter. As with the first movie, someone who you trust turns out to be thoroughly evil. Can't wait for the third installment, though I don't know how "dark" I can handle before I balk. I like entertainment, not being scared.

I liked it better than the first one. To bring more continuity from film to film (and book to book), perhaps Rowling should have spent more time developing Jenny Weasley's character in the first book, since she plays a much bigger role in the second one. Also, introduce "Moaning Myrtle" in the first book. It would make her inclusion as a major character in the second book a bit more personal.

The filming was great. Awesome special effects. I especially loved it when the Chamber of Secrets opened. That was such an awesome scene.

No comments: