Friday, May 16, 2003

Salt and Pepper and Weirdos

This has happened twice in the last two days now, and I've decided I mustorder some pepper spray.

Wednesday night I was waiting for my bus at the Eastmont Transit Center. It's well lit, near a police station, there's always people around - it should be a safe place, even at 11:30 at night.

Well, some psychotic black guy came up to me, saying something about "white women," and lightly bapped me on the head with his fist. He talked the whole time, so I couldn't say anything if I wanted. He departed daring me to call the cops. I just sat there - he was clearly delusional and in need to psychiatric help.

He came back several minutes later, and this time I was ready. I pulled out the latest Left Behind book, Armageddon - the only book I had that was hardcover - and when he came up to me, I threatened him with the book. He threatened to beat me up if I hit him, but he backed off and walked away so that wasn't necessary.

I ordered the pepper spray online the following day (Thursday).

When I got to the transit center Thursday night, I was approached by a Puerto Rican guy (he told me he was) who was clearly quite drunk. He kept saying what sounded like "salam," and at first I thought it might be a Muslim greeting, so I told him I wasn't Muslim. I still have no idea what he meant, but as time went on it was clear that it wasn't Arabic and he wasn't Muslim.

It will be nice to get some pepper spray to protect me from these weirdos.

No comments: