Friday, May 02, 2003

More on INDirectTV, take 3

Well, no sooner do I post that than Lou pounces on me about the remainder of the rent, which I do owe, and would have been happy to write him a check right then and there. But no. He needs cash because checks take time to clear. He wants to take me to the bank tomorrow to withdraw the money. I didn't try to explain the Sabbath concept and how I don't like to handle money and so forth because I know he wouldn't understand. He doesn't have the Holy Spirit and, like most intellectuals, thinks he knows more about the Bible and Jesus than any conservative. No, he wouldn't understand and would probably blame me for not getting him the cash earlier. Lord, forgive me for having to handle money tomorrow. Please get me OUT of this situation and into a better one, a studio apartment, a nice one that I like and will accept my cats, and where the owner will accept a CHECK each month.

And oh yeah, if I pay by check, he wants the money on the 15th from now on, so that it can clear by the 20th so he can pay all his back bills. L-O-S-E-R! [screams and runs away]

No comments: