Monday, May 12, 2003

Pagan Acquaintances

If this happens one more time I swear I will go crazy. Although I do believe that yesterday's incident will be the last.

Yes, I ran into yet ANOTHER old Pagan acquaintance. The Bay Area must be smaller than it seems. I forget the lady's name now. I ran into her on the Muni bus in SF. I know her from the days I was involved with CUUPs at the UU church. Back then we called our group P.I.G. - the Pagan Interest Group. Today, however, she told me that some people had protested the use of a pig as a symbol. Honestly, it never bothered me. I thought it was cute. We had a little sign outside the room we met it with a little pink pig on it. She said they are now called the Pagan Interest Circle.

I gave her my business card, and since she was staring at my shirt (why do I always run into these people when wearing my D t-shirt?), I scribbled the Web addy for the main site on the back. She invited me to a ritual next Saturday, but could tell from the way I smiled and the business card that I wasn't interested. I thanked her for asking anyway.

Depending on how you look at it, this is the third or fourth incident since just before Easter:

Dale at the Episcopal church
Lezlie on e-mail
Artemesia on the AC Transit bus
the UU lady on the Muni bus

No comments: