Sunday, November 14, 2004

Trust

Been thinking about it this weekend.

My journey with God has been one of learning to trust more than anything else. Due to past experiences, He was on the negative end of my trust scale. I knew that if I was to get to know Him at ALL, I would have to learn to trust Him more; this is when I did the visualizations in the spring of 1996. Those visualizations helped me move Him from negative to neutral and finally just the teeniest bit into the positive end.

That teeniest bit turned out to be all I needed to ask Him into my life and become a Christian. However, it also made for a very rocky relationship with Him at first as I hardly had any trust for this Being I'd just committed my life to. It's only really been this year that I have been able to make significant progress. Trust is earned, and it took time and experience for me to trust Him.

No comments: