Sunday, January 23, 2005

My trigger points - Just venting, take 4

Bit hung over this morning, but otherwise okay. Woke up at 7, couldn't get back to sleep, and had to be up at 7:30 anyway, so I just went ahead and crawled out of bed, made coffee, and fed the cats. I just drank a bit too much. When things get rough I sometimes slip back into old patterns rather than run to God like I should. Bleh.

Off to City Church this morning. I was planning on going anyway, but now I really need it.

It's funny - right after one of N's e-mails to me was an e-mail from a Pagan friend entiled "In the Day of Trouble":

In the Day of Trouble

The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion...

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfill all thy petitions. Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

- Psalms 20: 1-2; 5-6

---

That was the entire text of the e-mail, just a few Bible verses.

No comments: