Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Eve

Things went well. Brad came over and we had snacks (low carb of course, though he brought some high carb stuff for himself), and dinner, and at midnight we opened a bottle of champaigne and then gathered around my kitchen window to watch the fireworks across the Bay. We chatted until 2 a.m. and then called for a cab. Nobody - no body - was available. Brad had to sleep on my floor.

I got him up at 6 so he could catch a bus and head for work. I went back to sleep until 8 and now I'm up and getting ready for church.

Woohoo! 2005 is here. :) Let's celebrate!

Oh...I showed Brad the A&E biography on Dr. Atkins. He told me that when I started the diet earlier this year he thought I was crazy...like my meds weren't working or something, lol. Even the first 10 pounds he just chalked up to "early success." But now, after 40 pounds, his whole view has changed, and he said he's going to read the book. He doesn't really need to lose any weight, but hey, I've converted somebody. :-D

No comments: