Monday, January 31, 2005

Sunday

Saw my sister on Sunday. She's a size 6 and complaining how she wants to be a 4. Grrr. That chick doesn't have an ounce of fat on her and the only time she lost was 20 pounds after gaining that much after a year in France. It's like she views my weight loss as nothing just because she's never struggled with her weight (and likely never will). She's got these teeny bones and seems to forget that if I were just a skeleton I wouldn't be able to get into size 6 jeans - my hips alone are too big. And then she has the nerve to complain when *I'm* the one wearing size 12s! On top of all that, even though we are the same height, she has longer legs and so looks taller and sexier. She wanted to be a model once and did do a few minor gigs. THAT'S how skinny she is.

My new year's resolutions are coming along just fine. I tend to fall behind in my Bible reading on Fridays and/or Saturdays. Then I have to put my nose to the grindstone to catch up. I read 8 chapters today and managed to catch up from last Friday. The readings from the prophets are the longest - 6 chapters in a day isn't easy. The Gospels and epistles and the easiest - only 2-3 chapters those days. I'm a little ahead, but that's good.

Didn't track my food Saturday or Sunday. I still managed to come out to 163 today, so at least I didn't gain.

Friday I went way over on calories because I was starving for no apparent reason, but oh well. Those days happen.

Saturday at church I stuck with just the soup and the salad. The chicken was covered in some sort of sugary BBQ sauce or something, so I didn't have any. One serving of salad and two bowls of soup. I picked out the sweet potatoes and gave them to Jane.

For breakfast Sunday I had the CarbWell cereal. I had a PB&J sandwich on low carb bread (and sugarless PB and low glycemic jelly) for a snack, and for lunch at Pebble Beach I got the 1/2 pound cheeseburger (no bun), with the side salad and a diet Coke. I had one bite of my friend's fried fish (she gave me a piece with no breading), and one french fry so I wouldn't feel completely denied and could have that taste. I did put regular ketchup on my burger, but I figured that that little amount wouldn't kill me. She ribs me so much because I'm a burger type of gal. Anytime we go out to eat, that's all I want is a cheeseburger. I never get anything exotic like fish or chicken or anything. My sister gave me a box of sugar-free chocolate truffles. It was the perfect gift. About 1 carb per truffle.

I pretty much stayed on my diet. When I got home last night Eleanor and I watched Biography's presentation on Atkins. She had a bag of popcorn for dinner that she brought with her. I ate two pieces of beef roast with low carb steak sauce and some brussel sprouts with margarine. I had a little of the popcorn, but she'd eaten most of it by that time. We both had a glass of wine.

No comments: