Sunday, October 10, 2004

Here We Go Again

Dad is coming down next weekend. Since he is paying for me to go to my high school reunion next month, he expects a beautiful, obedience daughter. He had comendeered my entire weekend - Friday evening until bedtime, and Sunday morning until I have to start work at 3 pm. Ug. I'll have Saturday off, but since pastor will be in So. Cal., I was asked to come up with an outline for the service based on the "ACTS" prayer model - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. So I'll have no time to myself for the next couple of Saturdays/Sundays to just sit in a church and let someone else do the work. At least Doug said he'd speak it; I don't do well in front of people unless every word is scripted. The funniest part of this whole thing - pastor's sermon today was on honoring our parents, the fifth commandment.

Speaking of my high school reunion, Dad wants me to ask Eleanor to drive me, and then he would pay for an extra ticket for her. He says I really have no other way to get there. There is no public transit out to the new school site.

Father, You know how well I (don't) get along with my earthly father. Please help me to be a good daughter while he is here, and help me to be a good witness to him of Your Kingdom. Save him that I might see him again in heaven. I don't want his death to be our final good-bye.

And Lord, give me the strength to get through the coming days and weeks. I am so weak right now -tired, stressed, and frightened. Give me Your strength to get me through.

No comments: