Friday, March 11, 2005

Dad

Got a call from a family friend tonight who talked to my dad, who lives out of state. His blood sugar was soaring because he wasn't properly controlling it, so he drove himself the long drive to the VA hospital (dad's a veteran so he gets free, if substandard, care).

Anyway, they said he needed to go on insulin injections - his pills wouldn't cut it anymore. He got all the way back home, only to discover he had no idea how to give himself a shot. He decided to drive back to the hospital and have the doctors explain it to him again. As my dad has no cell phone, no one has heard from him or is able to call him.

So I guess people are starting to worry why he's not yet home from his second trip. Also, here's another example of why I need to stay on Atkins and control my weight. I take after my dad in every way. I don't want to share his fate.

And oh yeah, my Dad's not saved. :(

No comments: