Sunday, March 20, 2005

Palm Sunday

Ok, hmmm. Yesterday I spoke at my church. I was very nervous, even more so because we had lots of visitors. :-O I did okay, but I talked too fast and stumbled over my words several times.

I took a Benedryl and went to bed early last night (for me). I thought the Palm Sunday service today was at 10:30 and planned my route accordingly. I got cardio to and from the bus. It was about 3/4 of a mile to the bus stop (I know there is an easier way and I am going to find it next week!). Then I walked about 3 blocks to the church once I got off the bus. Somehow I made it just in time for the procession and everything.

After church I went to the coffee hour and had a couiple bites of cheese and a little black coffee. As I tried to cut off a piece of the brie I burned my hand on one of the candles they had burning. :-P

I walked up the hill to the BART station, then took the train, then had a 45 minute wait for a stupid bus, and headed to work. I knew I'd be mondo early, so I stopped at Carrow's (similar to Denny's) and had lunch.

I was okay. I started with a glass of Merlot and a Ceasar salad (no croutons and no side of bread). Then I got bad and broke down and had the breaded cheese sticks and another glass of wine. I also ordered a Cobb salad to go so I have something to eat here. They gave me a side of bread with it, but I will give it to Lisa when she comes in for her night shift.

So a salad, breaded cheese sticks, and two glasses of Merlot. Yum! Oh, I passed on the marinara sauce for the cheese sticks because it's usually full of sugar, and asked for bleu cheese instead.

Needless I say, I'm not counting today. I know I went way over on carbs and calories Friday and Saturday, so I expect a gain tomorrow when I go to the gym. :-(