Sunday, March 06, 2005

Splurged yesterday at the church potluck with a frozen burrito. Other than that I did okay. Stayed away from the soup because it had rice, but the salad was good and I had two big servings of it. I think ot was spinach salad with sliced apples.

When I got home I ate some ice cream, but this brand had more calories than the B&J's last week so I only ate about half the pint instead of the whole thing. Still, I ate other sweets and way overdid the sugar alcohols. I paid for it. Don't want to do that again. When will I learn that excessive sugar alcohols cause problems for me?

Woke up early this morning to go to church (7:30 am). I was way too tired and turned over and went back to sleep. Decided to stay in bed when 9:30 rolled around, too, and just skip working out today. I got at least 10 hours sleep and boy did I need that! I'll go to the gym tomorrow for sure.

Haven't been as hungry for the last week; not sure why. I've come in under my max of 2150 calories a day. However, I can tell from my jeans I haven't lost anything. Hopefully when TOM is gone I'll see the scale drop a bit. The low to beat this month is 158.75.

I run into ignorance about Atkins everywhere I go, not just here, but at the grocery store today. One woman behind me said that people on low carb diets had to have "heart stints" put in, presumably because of high cholesterol. I told her that mine was 151. I don't think she cared. But it made me mad. Where do people get these "facts" they believe and parrot off? This woman and the other with her were overweight and looked like they were headed toward heart stints, not size 10 me with a total cholesterol of 151. Sheesh.

Still, Dr. Atkins weathered the criticism, so I guess if I'm going to follow this WOE, I have to as well.

Had low carb Total cereal for breakfast. I'm not a big cereal eater, but I do occationally like to have it so I always keep a supply around. Lunch will be canned spinach with shrimp thrown in. I was out of all other meat. I stopped at the store today and bought ground turkey (it was on sale), and some cooked pastrami that I only have to cut and throw into a bowl. This will last me until I get the turkey cooked.

Last week I discovered that Albertsons has very few low carb products. Good thing I shop at Safeway. They at least carry far more variety of stuff. Bought two boxes of the Carb Well peanut butter cereal bars. They taste really good and are great for a quick breakfast. They were on sale for only $2.50 a box. They are advertised as being for the South Beach diet, but they works well for me on Atkins.

No swimming this week due to TOM. Maybe next week. I love my swimsuit and how I look in it!

No comments: