Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Personal Training, Session 1

First meeting with the personal trainer today. We're going to test my Base Metabolic Rate on Friday because I'd already eaten today and this test is worse than a cholesterol test. No nothing except water for four hours before and since I hope to sleep in it'll be no nothing since the night before for me. He told me to bring a meal bar so I'll have something in me afterwards, and I also plan to bring coffee, my vitamin B, and my medication.

Today he just measured me, weighed me, and took my body fat using the calipers. He had me fill out a questionaire so they can design a meal plan. Hey, the worst that can happen is I decide to ignore the meal plan, so I figured what the heck. He had me do some squats in the office so he could see my form and where some problems might lie. (Like when I squat down how I unconsciously swivel my knees in just a bit.)

Overall it was okay and I really like him. The trainer I was supposed to get (he had a meeting at the last minute, but I saw him later) wasn't nearly as good looking as the one I got.

Next time he's going to use some big foam roller thing to help me find the knots in my muscles, and of course we'll do the BMR testing.

Oh, the trainer did my body fat with the calipers (didn't hurt). Curves uses the Omicrom device that runs a current through your arms (you can't feel it, though). The last two months at Cuves i have been 29.9%. With the calipers today I was either 27.8% or 28.7% (I forget), but probably 28.7. I hope he's right and not Curves!

No comments: