Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Personal Training, Sessions 3&4

[Note: Can't find anything I wrote about session 2.]

Gained another 1/4 pound today so I am up to 165.5.

Let's see. Tuesday was session #3 with my personal trainer and I remember we did lots of ab excercises in the ab section of the gym. We also did some leg excercises. Dowell is very nice and stays focussed on his clients during their time. And he pushes but isn't pushy, if you know what I mean.

Today was the forth and last session. He said we would do a whole body workout so I wanted to get it out of the way, lol. We started with lunges up a small ramp that leads to an emergency door. Then I had to bend my knees and walk up the ramp partially squated. That was evil.

Then we worked my calves - both sets of muscles down there on two separate machines. He always seemed to know how much weight I could handle - challenging without it being too much. Then we went to the stretching area and did legs raises to work the abductors and adductors.

By the time we were done I was joking that I'd just crawl to our next excercise because I couldn't walk.

Then it was on to arms and shoulders. He showed me how to use several of the machines, which is good because now I might actually make use of them, lol. I did point out one machine that I wanted to learn that he was going to skip and so we did that.

I am so sore. The stairs at work seem much harder than usual. Everything aches, but in a good way. I had my usual protein drink after, and also added an Atkins breakfast bar (13g of protein) for extra.

No comments: