Sunday, September 05, 2004

Church

At my church, Pastor Steve wil be taking one Sabbath a month off. I can understand. He works full time to support his family, and pastoring every week is burning him out. This means it falls to the Pastoral Relations Counsel - Doug, Anita, and I - to make sure something happens. Neither Anita or I are thrilled about this. This is not an aspect of church ministry we feel called to, so not only are we outside our comfort zone, but outside of anything we feel led to do. :-p We'll probably do a prayer service this month.

City Church goes to new service times today, which sucks for me. I now have to get up at 7:30 a.m. if I want to get there for the new 10:45 service. The old 11:30 time was perfect, and it let out at 1, which was good for chatting with Janice for a few minutes, then taking the bus to work. Now I will have too much time on my hands afterward, and if Janice doesn't come I'll just have to leave for work more than an hour early. I think they moved things around to try to get more people at the first service to come to the slightly less crowded second service. It beat the other option of going to three services. (Yes, they are really growing!)

Alright, I am going to City Church this morning, so bye all!

No comments: