Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Like a falling star...

Argh! Having fun here...no really. Judging by my bank balance the owner of my building hasn't cashed my rent check yet. Why not when we're over a week into September already???

I needed to get a BART ticket today. I had $40 in Commuter Checks, and no cash. I needed $5 to get a $48 high value card for $45. I tried to write them a check for $5, but it was rejected (?!?). I told the lady to give me whatever she could and she tried to pawn two $20 tickets off on me, robbing me of a discount for buying a high value ticket. I asked for the $30 card ($30 cost, $32 value on the card), assuming, since she mentioned it before, that two $5 tickets would be thrown in for a total of $40. Instead, she just passed one $30 ticket to me, as if I'm going to stand there and take the $10 loss. I asked her for the two additional $5 tickets. What was this crazy woman thinking?!? I'm supposed to be happy that first my check is rejected and then she tries to rob me of first my discount and then $10? I don't think so!

I tried to call the number she gave me to find out about the "Code 4" on my check, but first my train came, and then I couldn't get through. I didn't reach them until I got to work, which I was late for anyway. :-p

Turns out that my CA ID # is close to somebody else's number, and due to a clerical error, that person's outstanding debts got linked to my name. :-p The woman there said she would fix it for me and that all stores should accept my checks again within no more than 3 days.

I am so NOT amused. I already have enough money trouble and had to raid my savings account today for grocery money. I already have fears of identity theft and did not need this scare.

No comments: