Tuesday, April 23, 1996

Prayer

After reading Charles' mail this morning, I realize the next move with God is mine, and that move has to be prayer. I haven't done any normal prayer in a while.

This whole three weeks or so that this has been going on I have been responding to a heart level call. God has reached out to me; now I need to reach out in return. Ball's in my court. He can do nothing more until I do something. How can a momentary realization at a concert become this? Is it one of God's Mysteries: taking something small and normal, like a grain of sand, and using it as an irritation and foundation for something beautiful and precious, like a pearl. It is only through the foundation of the sand and the irritation it engenders that growth is possible. No grain, no growth.

Coincidences remain. Tonight on Xena (TV) was a discussion of the One True God and a (major) reworking of the story of the sacrifice of Isaac. Is He still calling me? Does He want me? Xena usually deals with the Greek (or is it Roman) gods, when it deals with gods at all. That's what made today's show so strange.

I'm not at all sure what to do now. I prayed to God tonight to show Himself to me, to teach me about Him, to tell me what He wanted me to do, etc., but received no impressions as to what to do.

No comments: