Sunday, July 11, 2004

Argh!

God, what a day. No breakfast because of the lipid test I had to have. So I make my way, half asleep and cranky from low blood sugar, out to the place, trying to juggle one container of coffee, and one of a protein drink.

So I have the test - so painful - and then have to give them a unine sample. Bleh. Not a good experience.

Then some shopping at Mervyn's for underwear, a bra, and a cute little lace nighty that was on sale and BEGGING to be bought, lol. Then over to Albertson's because they had hot dogs on sale. Had trouble finding one for a decent sale price that had minimal carbs. The super cheap hot dogs had 4-5 carbs PER DOG. I finally found a huge pack of Foster Farms dogs with almost no carbs, and at a good price.

Then off to excercise at the Alameda-East Curves. At least I got repreive on my bad day while excercising there. Then off to my home Curves, open for the afternoon by then. Angel told me that they would sell the Curves shirts. I was also hoping they might sell me one of the cups, as I need something to hold my protein drinks. Well, they won't sell anything. Angel told me wrong. Isabelle could hear that I was upset and offered to sell me a cup for $5 and I accepted. But all I had in my wallet was a 1, a 10, and a 20. Curves had "no change." By this time I really was getting frustrated. I said I'd look for change and walked out. But as I walked I decided this was getting rediculous, and I wasn't going to put up with being jerked around like that. Who wants to drink out of a cup everyday that has those memories attached?

So back to the shopping center and GNC to buy a shaker cup there. Then back to Mervyn's to exchange the XL lace nighty for a L size, as the XL was too big.

I hadn't had anything but that protein drink all day, so I decided to go to Burger King and check out that new low carb menu I see advertised in the window. I asked for a double Whopper with cheese. First the cashier didn't know how to ring it up, then the people in the kitchen couldn't get the cheese on it. I saw the receipt and it clearly said "cheese," so they charged me for it, but they left it off! Idiots! I've had a rotten day and I can't even EAT without them screwing up the order. I didn't discover it until I was all the way home. They put it in a side order salad container, way too small for the patty size. And they didn't wrap it in lettuce like someone here said they would. They just covered it in those little pieces of lettuce, and then didn't even give me a knife and fork to eat with! I asked for no ketchip, and they gave me no anything, not even mayo, just a dry burger.

This rates as one of my worse experiences ever. I will NOT be going back.

The only redeeming quality of today - a reminder of God's goodness. As I sat here typing I watched Dateline NBC. It was about a Christian man who's wife and daughter were killed in a car wreck by a 19-year-old drag racer. It took a long time, but he came to forgive the person and kept him out of prison, and now the two of them talk at high schools about the dangers of drag racing and driving too fast. I was crying by the end. The work that grace can do in a person's heart will never cease to amaze me. I hope God will work that grace in my heart towards those who hurt me, even though none of them admit any culpability.

From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised.
--Psalm 113:3

No comments: