Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Write Stuff

Been working on outlining the five weeks of devotions that are due September 1. One week we are studying forgiveness and I found a couple Scriptures that I had never noticed before. They deal with forgiving and restoring an erring brother: Luke 17:1-5 and 2 Corinthians 2:5-11. In the first passage we see that failing to forgive an erring brother who asks for forgiveness can cause him to "stumble," and in the second we find that punishment should not be compounded by refusing to forgive the person and failing to offer "comfort." In other words - don't toss them out and refuse to accept an apology; doing so will harm the very person you are claiming to want to help. I love doing these assignments. I always learn something new!

It's been a bitch of a year all starting on January 1. I hope to spend New Year's Eve this year in San Francisco, happily and gratefully letting go of the hell that has been 2004. Halfway there! And may the next six months be better than the last six.

Oh yes, before I forget, I love my new full bed that Ellie and I picked out last Friday and was delivered last Sunday. Dad says he will pay for it. I have not had such a large bed since I was a child.

No comments: