Friday, August 15, 2003

The fun continued last night getting home. The 11 p.m. bus just simply never showed up. The 11:30 one was right on time however. :-p This led to much grumbling on the bus and LOTS of kevetching among the passengers. I must admit, it was more than usual.

When the driver spoke loudly to get our attention over the ruckus, I thought she was going to castigate us for complaining about things so much. But she didn't. Instead, she handed out a petition and some other info. to us about the upcoming cuts in service and raising of fares. We all passed the petitions around and signed them. I ended up with two partially filled sheets that I intend to get fully filled and then, as she said we should, give them to another driver to turn in. The drivers are against what is going on because there will be so many layoffs.

I arrived home a half hour late at 12:30 a.m.

The phone wasn't back on yet, so I couldn't get online. I got ready for bed and relaxed in front of the TV, going to bed around 3 a.m.

I woke up sometime around 10 or 10:30 this morning by Lou calling to me that the man from the phone company was here. I was dreaming at the time. :-p After looking around he said that when Lou's phone was disconnected, someone must have accidentally disconnected mine, too. He said that with the way the lines were, it was an easy mistake to make.

At any rate, I'm back online now.

In other news, SimpleText isn't cutting it for this blog. I think I will have to start using ClarisWorks. SimpleText documents just don't hold enough text before I have to move on to a new blog page. I'll have to run some tests, but it should work.

No comments: