Monday, August 18, 2003

Keep On Trucking

Ok, let's see. Two appointments today and two more tomorrow. (Managed to scheduled another one this afternoon. Originally I had only one appointment tomorrow.)

The first apartment is a second floor walk-up in a converted hotel. People would stay in the hotel for long stretches, hence the reason for the full kitchens.

It's SMALL, too small, and has no storage except a large closet which may or my not be large enough. The windows open onto a large ledge which connects to the stairs of the building next door, so Abby can get out and run around. The kitchen and bath are nice, and the price was lowered from $695 to $650. They said I was the first person to apply for that apartment. There was a $25 credit fee. I made out the application and paid the fee on the spot. They said that MAYBE if I signed a lease I'd get the first month free. I told them I was interested in that.

The second place was larger and nicer. There were also a TON of other people who had already submitted applications.

This place was first floor, private entrance, and it's own garage space that could be used for storage. It only had a shower however. It also had no washer/dryer and the closest one was too far to walk, necessitating a bus ride. Large enough for all my stuff and the cats, though.

Two more appointments tomorrow before work. We'll see. I'm not making any commitments until I've at least seen the two tomorrow. Not that anyone is begging to have me as a tenant.

No comments: