Monday, August 25, 2003

Missed the Last Bus Home

It was a mess last night.

Tony said he'd be there at 11:30. I knew he'd be a little late, but I figured leaving at 11:25 would safe. I caught the 11:30 58 bus and took it most of the way home. At midnight, with Tony still not at work (I called and got no answer), I decided to head back. At about 12:15 or so I got ahold of him at work and so headed back home.

But by then I'd missed the last bus. I took the 58 as far as I could to the Seranader bar, then called for a cab from there. It was $5 for the cab ride home from there and I called Tony and told him that I expected him to pay for it. It's not my fault he overslept, and it's not my fault that traffic was heavy. *He* needs to think these things through.

When I told him he I expected him to put $5 in my box at work, he asked if I could wait until the next pay day. I asked him why he couldn't pay now - we were just paid last Thursday. The call ended with no clear resolution. I also told him that from now on when he was late and I missed the last 57 bus home, I would expect cab fare from him. I could be fired for leaving early and I don't want to do it anymore.

Grrrr...don't these people understand? Or do they drive so they don't care and can't comprehend that some of us are at the mercy of the public busses?

No comments: