Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Milestones

Well, due to my previous news I'm not dancing around as I post this news today. I wish I could.

I found an apartment yesterday and am signing the agreement today. He sent me a fax of the agreement and it's fine with two caveats:

1) (And he will send a new page for this.) The dates for the first month's rent were wrong. He will correct those dates when he re-faxes that page.

2) The agreement said the cats have to be boarded somewhere while I am on vacation. Not only will this cause stress on them to be taken from their familiar environment, and I don't have that kind of money, but also no place will take Abby because she's not tame. He said it was okay to just have someone look in on them. That should help quite a bit. I did note that on the agreement in my handwriting. I also crossed out the original lines, as the owner said to do.

He also faxed me a mold addendum to sign.

When I looked at the place yesterday, there were two apartments, #2 and #27. Number 27 was slightly bigger with a nicer view and on the third floor (which I don't mind at all). There is a small elevator in the building. #2 is on the ground floor and slightly smaller. Both are very nice and spacious as studios go.

Originally I was told that #27 might already be taken. I expressed that I would prefer #27 but that I would take #2 if #27 were already taken. But the owner called me this morning to say that he would give me #27.

The cats probably would have preferred the one on the ground floor, but tough.

Anyway, I should be happy and dancing around. This is a landmark day in my life, the realization of a year-long dream. But I am worried about the whole situation with the doctors, so I'm not happy and dancing. Instead, I am peeved, exhausted, and numb.

No comments: