Sunday, August 14, 2005

Conference Journal, Day 8

Conference Journal entry for Sunday, August 14.

Flew home today. Arrived at the airport early and managed to be waitlisted on both the flights to Chicago and Dallas. I made both! Thank You, God. No more worrying about making the Dallas flight and getting home tonight.

So today was a blur of flights and airports. Grand Rapids, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco. I'm exhausted. Too many days running on a lack of sleep and last night was no exception.

And there was no need for worry in Dallas - the gate I needed was right next to the gate I landed at. And then the flight was delayed two hours anyway! :-p

I arrived in San Francisco two hours late and Brad met me at the airport. I was so glad to get home to my babies and collapse into bed. I had gotten up at 7 a.m. Eastern and to bed at 1:30 a.m. Pacific - 4:30 a.m. Eastern. I was so tired I slept until nearly 1 p.m. Monday afternoon.

So what did I learn at Conference? When the new president took over last night he gave a speech and talked about giving up secret sins - whether needing to know the future from a psychic or drinking or fighting over trivial things or ignoring the poor. I do have one thing God spoke to me about. I'm not sure how to handle it from here, but I must handle it.

No comments: