Monday, October 10, 2005

Abby the Feral Tabby, take 2

I never realized until I held her how glad I am she doesn't bite. When she's trapped and scared she just lets you do whatever to her. Cause if she wanted to, she could bite and claw and do some serious damage.

I'm at work now. I hope she will be feeling better when I get home and that her collar is still on. I've decided to keep feeding them in the vanity room so that it becomes "normal" for them.

It was sad and funny at the same time to watch Abby try to climb up the cat tree after her nails were clipped. Poor baby didn't have quite the traction and had to work a little harder. After that first time, though, she got it down and didn't have trouble after that.

She was really keyed up, climbing up and down the cat tree, walking all over the apartment. Poor thing couldn't sit still.

She's tried to get the collar off by the "conventional" methods: lowering her head and walking backward, scratching at it, shaking her head. Poor thing.

A bright pink collar on a light orange cat doesn't really flatter her, but if it'll stay on it's worth it. She can get off the nice black collar with the fake diamonds.

The vet is happy at the progress she's made with me - it makes his job easier. She has come a long way in her reactions to him. The last 2 times she hasn't tried to run, and this time after I trapped her she hardly meowed at all. Meowing and running don't work, so she scrapped them. She still tries to hide, but that's normal. I've seen Xena do some pretty funny things trying to keep herself from facing the vet. (Last time she tried to crawl UNDER the floor piece in her carrier - and was actually succeeding. The problem is the bag was dragging on the ground when she did that so I had to pry her out.)

Abby's 3 year anniversary with me is next week! :) They will get tuney fish. :)

No comments: