Monday, October 10, 2005

Abby the Feral Tabby

I held her for the first time today!

Ok, so she was trapped in the vanity room and the vet had come and just given her a shot and tried to put a collar on her (again). I asked about clipping her claws and he said okay. He picked her up by the scruff and told me to hold her by the scruff and support her underneath. I did! Oh my gosh I could not believe I was holding her! I know she was scared out of her mind, but I was holding her!

She did very well with her appointment. She nearly got away when I tried to trap her, but I got the door closed fast enough. She hardly meowed at all and mostly just sat in the window in the room looking out.

When Dr. Martin went to get her she tried to fit in the tiny space between the screen and the window - and was succeeding - and dug her claws into the screen, ripping it as Dr. Martin pulled her out of the window. He placed her on the vanity table and did what he had to. When he was done he opened the door and she sprinted out of the room and under the bed. She's a very unhappy cat right now.

I also had him cut Xena's claws to save her the stress of a trip out to her regular vet in the carrier.

I put out some wet food as a treat, which Xena was happy to eat, but Abby is still hiding under the bed with that, "I am scared of you, Mom" look on her face.

No comments: