Sunday, October 02, 2005

"Crazy Dinner"

Yesterday I participated in a tradition at my church, the "Crazy Dinner." It's not done often, though, so even though I've been at the church 6 years, this was my first time. It was also Anita's first time, but her adult son had done it once before.

Old timers at the church served those who hadn't experienced this before. Teens weren't allowed because they will be doing this at a later time. The kids were shipped off to Jack in the Box.

We were given a menu with "selections" of real food disguised with titles like "Pig's Eyes" (which turned out to be green olives), "Eve's Delight" (apple pie), and "White Cloud" (large marshmallows). There were 24 choices. Some of the choices, such as "Manure Spreader," turned out to be utensils - you had to "order" your utensils. We filled in 16 blanks on an index card, ordering more or less blind. I had an idea that a couple were desserts, so I steered clear of those. (For example, I had seen the pies earlier snooping through stuff and figured that "Eve's Delight" was most likely apple pie.)

It was supposed to be fun, but I didn't know there was salad and that we could eat whatever we wanted after the activity, so I didn't have much fun trying to stick to low carb when there were few low carb choices. So I didn't really have fun. When we were released to eat whatever we wanted, I got a drunken log (pickle) and a lot of salad. Salad is all I can eat at church potlucks - salad and sometimes the soup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=-) Glad to have priviledge....Thanks to you...