Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Abby the Feral Tabby, take 4

This last vet visit has changed the household dynamic. For one, she now has a collar on that won't easily come off. She's still shaking her head and scratching at it. It will take a while to get used to. Second, I have actually held her. The relationship is diffenent now and neither of us are sure how to act.

Last night I noticed the tail of her collar coming loose. So I did something I have never done before - I scruffed her and held her still that way for the few seconds it took to stick the tail of the collar back where it should have been. She had it completely out 5 minutes later and I'm just going to let it be (it doesn't effect the collar staying on), but the fact that I was able to scruff her...wow.

She avoided me to a great extent the rest of the evening, and didn't really trust me much. If I can scruff her I can do other horrible things to her, like the evil vet does. But by this morning all was forgiven and she was on my bed practically begging for lovies.

The only weird thing is I have a hard time giving her neck scritchies with the collar.

No comments: