Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Abby the Feral Tabby, take 3

She still had the collar on when I got home last night. She keeps shaking her head and scratching at it, but this one won't loosen like the other one did. I am worried that it's SO tight, but she doesn't seem to have trouble eating or breathing. My other worry is that if she gets hung up, the collar may be too tight to come off even with the elastic. So I can only hope. I sure can't adjust it now.

She's freaked over me. I think because I held her for the nail clipping she now sees me in cahoots with the vet. She runs from me a lot.

And I know it's part of her being part Abysiannian, but I woke up during the night to find her under the covers with me. Of course, as soon as I stirred she came out, but that's the second time I've found her under there when I'm asleep. I know Abysiannians like to burrow under covers and it's just in her genes, but she wouldn't do it if she didn't like me, and she didn't start doing this until about a year ago. I woke up later in the night to find Xena curled up next to me.

No comments: