Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Pagan Origins of Christmas, a response

My response to a rant about the pagan origins of Christmas. First I posted a link to Snopes.com talking about the WalMart incident, since that is the first thing mentioned in the post. Then I decided to write another post on the topic of the pagan origin of Christmas, and my feelings toward Christmas as an ex-Pagan.

---

Let me just add that I don't care what Selena Fox has to say about whatever topic. She, Circle Sanctuary, and any involvement I had with them (I was published once in their publication, The Circle Network News, and once talked to Ms. Fox in person on the phone) is in the past. It has no bearing on who I am today or whether or not I choose to celebrate the birth of the Savior and participate in the annual ritual of giving and receiving gifts.

I choose to celebrate Christmas in the way I was raised (tree, presents), and to bring the Savior into it as well by remembering His Incarnation on Dec. 25.

I am an ex-Pagan who understands many of the pagan roots quite well, thank you, and choose to celebrate Christmas anyway.

No comments: