Thursday, November 24, 2005

THIS is why I low carb

The new scale was a pound heavier this morning. It said 144.4 and the old one said 143.2. 143.2 is a loss from my starting weight this month of 144. For now I'm taking the median of the two readings. But I will show a gain this month because of the new scale.

Oh well.

God, I feel horrible today. Every time I pig out on carbs the resulting blood sugar crash is just...bleh. Every time I do this I'm reminded how much better I feel low carbing. I'm kinda looking forward to getting back on plan tomorrow. But oh man...the carbs taste sooo good.

Oh, I decided to cut the bread for a while. I bought Romaine lettuce hearts and can put meat and cheese in between them. I think my weight may be stalled either from the bread or just too many carbs in general. Sad because now that I'm not addicted to white bread anymore, I now have an addiction to 100% whole wheat.

I managed to get ahold of an old Atkins diet book from 1972. It's fascinating how the diet has changed in the last 30 years - and I've only read 1 or 2 chapters! I heard on the Atkins board about someone reading an old one and they were doing it wrong because it was 30 years old. So I decided to buy a used copy and someone on Amazon found me a used 1972 copy in like new condition. :) $3.50 including shipping and handling. :)

No comments: