Monday, November 28, 2005

Tagged

I've been tagged by Gina to write about the ten people who've influenced me the most outside of God and family members. I will just note that all these people/groups are positive influences. I could name a few who have irreparibly harmed me, but why give them print space? Here goes, in no particular order:

1. The folks at CH Refugee: They have helped me through many hard times and given me encouragement to strive to reach for God.

2. My church: They have been there for me through some of the roughest times.

3. My pastor: He showed me the grace and mercy of Christ at a time when the only god I could see was mean and vengeful.

4. author Philip Yancey: He's taught me a ton about God and suffering.

5. InterVarsity Christian Fellowship: Until I could find a church of my own, they were the only church I had at first. They were there for me in my very early day of being a Christian.

6. Hamilton Square Baptist Church: This was my first church as a Christian. They taught me a lot of things that I still believe today. I believe that God led me to that church because it was what I needed at the time.

7. Charles Scott: He is my Canadian friend who witnessed to me over the Net and was a major influence in my decision to accept Christ.

8. Dr. Robert Atkins: Through his books I began to understand how carbs effected my body in bad ways. I managed to lose 60 pounds and have stable energy through the day.

9. The people at About.com's Weight Loss forum: they have given me encouragement to stay on track and reach my goals.

10. Eleanor Godzak: A family friend who has known my family longer than I have.

Ok, I tag Veronica.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Speaking of #8 -- I reworked a silly Xmas season song tonight, and couldn't help thinking of you as I did.

It's the "Song of the Day" for 29 Nov 05 at ColumbusGA.blogspot.com .