Friday, December 30, 2005

Lemmings suck...

And I always run into them.

What is it that makes otherwise rational people to start believing the PETA and PCRM propaganda when it comes to the Atkins diet? You can quote studies until you are blue in the face, and they will still cite PETA as a "scientific" source. And if PETA says it's bad, then it must be. The only answer I can think of is that PETA feeds into their preconceived ideas. Those ideas cannot be challenged, and they will grasp at straws to prove Atkins unhealthy, no matter how crazy the source they cling to.

I too once had questions about Atkins. I had question about the diet and how Dr. Atkins died and everything. I had heard the PETA propaganda, too.

But I didn't stop there. I asked questions, looked at other sources, read the book and demanded answers to all my questions.

Lemmings don't ask. They listen to someone saying what they want to hear, and they stop. It must be right. They blindly follow a vegan nut group. They've lost their curiosity.

But hey, if they're right, then time will tell and I will die from this way of life or at least have a zillion health problems related to my high fat intake. The proof is in the low carb pudding, so we will see how unhealthy this way of living is.

In the meantime, the lemmings still drive me crazy. Jesus was despised by most people in his time, and is still hated by many today. So was Dr. Atkins with his groundbreaking nutritional advice. So I guess when people jump on me I'm in good company. It just sucks being a minority who it's okay to hate. Thankfully though, I'm too strong willed to ever be a lemming.

I have Dr. A to thank for giving me my life back, and giving me a diet I can sustain as a way of life. I will never back down from that.

If you still think the Atkins diet is unhealthy, I urge you not to be a lemming. Read and research the whole story. Don't blindly believe what PETA tells you. Here's some research abstracts to get you started, including two from the American Heart Association.

No comments: