Monday, December 26, 2005

New Year's Resolutions check, final check

Here's the resolutions I made for 2005.

The full post is in italics below.

To do one of two things:

1) Either get down to 155 pounds OR Get my body fat down into a "normal" range for my age.

Or both. :)


I made 155 easily. I'm currently hovering around 145, so that goal was met.

As for body fat, I think I was shooting for 23% (need to be more specific in the future), which I didn't make. My last two times being tested for body fat were 26% and 24.5%, down from 29.3% at the beginning of the year.

Still, I only had to make one to fulfill the resolution, so I'm calling it met.

2) Run the first two miles of the Bay To Breakers race before slowing down to a walk.

Done. Two miles is technically the first water stop. I was hoping to make it to the bottom of the Hayes Street Hill - just over two miles in - and that was what I did.

So goal met. :)

3) Do more work with weights to increase muscle mass.

A resolution that anticipated maintenance. But it is my resolution for 2006 as I work to maintain.

4) Continue going to the gym at least 3 days a week.

I was doing great until overtime got in the way. After that, I made Thursdays into grocery day. I make it to the gym 1-2 times a week now and I really hate that. I really thought this one would be easy.

5) Continue eating low carb, but play with my carb and fat grams to better fuel my time at the gym.

Another resolution that anticipated maintenance. So this is something to tweak in 2006.

6) Let go of those who hurt me this past year and give them wholly over to God for HIM to deal with as He best sees fit, and not as human justice desires.

I don't think I will ever make this one. Why even bother to try? *sigh* Only God Himself can take away that bitterness.

7) To read the Bible cover to cover this year. I have a "Bible in a year plan" already printed out.

Done. Finished October 11.

So #1 made, #2 made, #3 not applicable, #4 failed, #5 not applicable, #6 failed, and #7 made. That's 5 resolutions - 3 accomplished and 2 not accomplished. That's 60% which pretty much sucks. I need to focus on making more resolutions I can accomplish, lol.

No comments: