Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week 112 Weigh-In

Start: 154
Week 1: 150 (-4) - Week 25: 137.6
Week 50: 138.4 - Week 75: 137.6
Week 100: 140 - Week 101: 138.4 (-1.6)
Week 102: 138.6 (+0.2) - Week 103: 139.4 (+0.8)
Week 104: 136.4 (-3) - Week 105: 137.8 (+1.4)
Week 106: 137.8 (-0) - Week 107: 138.2 (+0.4)
Week 108: 137.4 (-0.8) - Week 109: 136 (-1.4)
Week 110: 133 (-3) - Week 111: 134.2 (+1.2)
Week 112: 132.8 (-1.4)
Total loss since starting a low-fat diet: -21.2
Total loss since I began dieting and exercising in 2004: -73.2

Ok, now to catch up on other stats.

Calories eaten Thursday: 1225
Fat: 17g (13%)
Carbs: 98g (33%)
Protein: 124g (41%)

Calories eaten Friday: 1159
Fat: 5g (4%)
Carbs: 71g (26%)
Protein: 62g (22%)

Weight Thursday morning: 129
Weight Friday morning: 127.8
Weight Saturday morning: 128.2
Weight this morning: 132.8

Calories burned in exercise Thursday: 292
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 35
Calories burned in exercise Saturday: 71
Calories burned in exercise today: 166

A new low weight for me! I need to lose all the weight I can because I will spend this coming weekend with no control over my food intake. Add that to the stress of the situation and that equals weight gain. That's why I have been working so hard to lose weight lately - so I can gain some and not get too high.

Crazy weekend. Friday morning I had my doctor's appointment. He upped my Armour from 120mg to 150mg (1 1/2 grains). He said adding 50mcg of levothyroxine was a good idea. In case I run out of Armour I got scrips for Cytomel and 125mcg of levothyroxine. This is my fallback plan, but the Cytomel is $1 per pill. I could swing it for a short time, but it's not a viable long term option

So I am currently on 150mg Armour and 50mcg levothyroxine. I did not schedule a new doctor's appointment because with the changes in medication (old Armour, new Armour, possibly Cytomel) my blood levels won't be stable for testing for quite a while. I told them I would call and make an appointment later.

The doctor gave me a compliment. First he said I was a difficult case - the medications that should work are not and my numbers are all over the map. He then asked if I'd thought about going to UCSF Medical Center. I said no and then he added, "You probably know as much as they do anyway." I do try to be an educated patient. :)

Brad drove me home and then dropped me at the grocery shopping before heading back to work. I bought what groceries I could carry since my cart is broken. The bags were heavy on my shoulders for the walk home.

I called Dad to try to calm him down about the situation with the van. Didn't do any good and he refuses to sell. This means I have to fly back from Seattle since I won't be driving down in the van with Brad. Brad called my Dad that afternoon and was able to calm him down. They had a nice conversation but he still won't sell.

Friday afternoon I went to CVS pharmacy to see if they had any Armour. They did, but only 30s, 60s, and 90s. They refused to give me 60s and 90s to equal the 150 dose I am on. I will have to call the doctor's office on Monday and see if they can phone in a script for 60s and 90s.

Between that and Dad I was really depressed. I had some wine and no dinner and then went to bed. I was too depressed and angry to care about eating.

Xena at 7 years oldFriday night Xena didn't sleep with me, but I wasn't too worried and figured she was under the bathtub or something. Saturday morning I looked everywhere - in every nook and cranny. She was nowhere to be found and did not show up for breakfast!

My baby was missing! Xena is the one who's been an indoor cat her whole life. She can't take care of herself outside. She snuck out sometime Friday night and neither Brad nor I noticed (I had gone to bed early anyway).

I was pretty depressed at this point and craved sugar and chocolate.

Brad and I headed to church. Between my Dad, the medication issue, and Xena, I was too depressed to participate much. I hadn't slept well Friday night so after the worship service I just rested during Sabbath School, ate some potluck lunch, and then rested again while everyone else cleaned up.

I did get up once during Sabbath School and go to the 7-Eleven next door and bought a large cinnamon roll. I sat outside and ate it, then went back to the church and continued resting (laying down across three chairs).

After church we had a business meeting. I'm the clerk so I have to go. Thankfully it wasn't the three hour meeting it usually is. We wrapped this one up in two hours. Brad and I had our ride drop us by the binge into Alameda instead of at home.

We ended up going to Zeytini's for their Happy Hour special (buy one glass of wine, get the second one for 25 cents). Brad paid, but I did give him some money to help cover my glasses.

He also offered to buy me a Mochatini at Applebee's because he knew how stressed out I was. It's my favorite drink so I took him up on it. I also got a Diet Coke because I was sooo thirsty. Brad got an iced tea and the cheese sticks appetizer. I was saving my appetite so I let him have most of it and just ate two.

We stopped at Starbucks on the way back and I got my favorite coffee drink - a double tall skinny vanilla latte. I also got a piece of the reduced fat cinnamon coffee cake and a double chocolate biscotti.

Then we went next door to Tuttimellon and I had two yogurts with toppings - a small chocolate frozen yogurt with M&Ms and granola, and a small plain frozen yogurt with M&Ms.

We stopped at Safeway on the way back for my weekly Saturday treat of two Yoplait Light yogurts. I also got a package of Hostess cupcakes - I craved the sugar and chocolate.

I checked my cell phone when I got home and found two messages from my next door neighbor (I had altered her about my cat). She said she had found my cat and Brad and I rushed over to get her. She was safe and sound, though pissed off at me for leaving her outside to fend for herself.

We came back and I ate the stuff from Safeway plus a granola bar, and the healthy chocolate pudding I made the night before. I wasn't hungry for dinner and neither was Brad so we just went to bed.

This morning we got up and walked to the train, then from our stop into work. We stopped at WalMart and I bought stuff I'll need for my trip this weekend - beef jerky, pork rinds, granola bars, hand wipes, etc. I still need bread and peanut butter, but WalMart doesn't have the kinds I like so I'll have to stop at Safeway for those.

Tomorrow I hope to go into San Francisco and buy a new cart for laundry and groceries. There are lots of little shops on Mission Street that sell those and they are right on the train line so I won't have to take any buses.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,


Pendell said...

Glad to hear Xena is all right!


Brian P.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Amen to that for Xena. Educated patient??, You're just plain intelligent like Lisa!