Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The whoosh fairy and being fat

Calories eaten yesterday: 1739
Fat: 78g (43%)
Carbs: 56g (14%)
Protein: 135g (33%)

Calories burned in exercise today: 294

I broke over 900 miles on Walker Tracker yesterday. Woot!

My anniversary of working out is coming up in just a couple weeks. I did my first workout (and began my new life!) on February 19, 2004. (My Atkins anniversary isn't for almost 2 months yet. I'll let you know where we're there!) I began with Curves, signing up on February 18, but couldn't start working out until the next day.

since I started working out

I am SO sore from yesterday's workout. That's good. It means the Creatine is helping me workout harder. Sore or not, I went in today and did 50 minutes of weight training, 15 minutes on the treadclimber, 15 on the crossramp elliptical, and 15 walking on the treadmill.

I'm still fat. I'm hovering around 150 and the excess weight ain't muscle. The birthday weight never came off - I gained pure fat. My Old Navy size 8s are still unbearably tight. Why is the fat hanging on? I'm burning more than I'm eating according to FitDay.

Oh, whoosh fairy where are you? I've been good. How can I placate thee so thou wilt feel inclined to visit me? Please give me a whoosh - and one that stays off. I'm burning more than I am taking in. I've been consistent in my workouts, both weights and cardio. I stick to my diet - even when eating out. I haven't seen thee in so long. Forgive thy servant for any transgressions against thee and hear this supplication. Please don't forget me when thee makes thy rounds.

I got another compliment at the gym at least. I was getting ready for my first exercise (back extensions) and when I took a drink of my Crystal Light one of the guys I see there often said, "What's in there? Steroids?" :) He and his friend had been joking around before this and eyeing me. :) Later the same guy said he wanted me to become his trainer. LOL! I know they were jokes, but they were meant to say, "You look good" without actually coming out and saying that. :) I'm so fat right now that I'll take it!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Bonita Gordita said...

Congrats on the comments. Those little things help keep us motivated, eh? Now quit callin' yourself FAT!!! W/o knowing you and reading what you just said you are an exercising, health-conscious individual. That is awesome :)

Cheers to a new day.

BG

Anonymous said...

Shows how well you are really doing! =-) Good job, as usual V.

HI BG,
She is veeery health conscious and motivated. One quite the inspiration to me. Many take inpspiration from here along with excellent easy low-carb recipes. Changed my view on Atkins and a few other areas of thought. She is a woman of strength, purpose, with a gift of intelligence.

Plus a wonderful friend and person! =-)
A gentle good heart!
So slim and gettin buff, buff, buff. Gifts of grace.

T.V. has a new meaning=Trim Victoria! What an extraordinary change~

Rad---B.

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Hang in there....the fairy will be there soon!!!

I can't imagine why you're not loosing!!! Something's gotta give!