Thursday, February 01, 2007

Aw, crap!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1726
Fat: 89g (48%)
Carbs: 51g (12%)
Protein: 124g (30%)

Weight this morning: 145.4
Calories burned in exercise today: 93

My stomach bloat is decreasing. It used to be that I would lose "binge bloat" fairly quickly, but the longer I eat low-carb, the harder it is to get indiscretions off.

Blood sugar was 92 this morning - totally normal even though I didn't test until about 11 a.m. I think the high blood sugar from the latest surgery is passed.

Everything was going fine and normal at work until Brad called and said I need to stay until 3 a.m. (to cover half of Lisa's shift) and then he would come in at 3 a.m. and stay until 3 p.m. (actually, he has to stay until 6 p.m. because the evening person said he's coming in late). He'll drive me home since there's no way for me to get home at that time of night, nor would it be safe. Thankfully tomorrow is my day off, but this totally screws up my plans for the night (cooking for the potluck). By the time I get home it'll be straight to bed for me. Thank God I did the laundry last night!

This also means skipping lunch because I'll need a meal to get myself through from 11 p.m.-3 a.m. Lunch is skipped and moved to dinner and dinner is moved to the early morning hours. All I can say is crap, crap, crap. The poor cats will be starving by the time I get home, and I'm already starving.

*sigh* At least the overtime will be good and I don't have to come back to work tomorrow. The only thing I have to do tomorrow is take a shower and scoop the cat's litterbox. Lord help me stick to plan today because I don't do well with unplanned extra long days where I have to skip meals.

Went grocery shopping today. Spent $150. *sigh* I ended up buying a ton of ground chicken because it was on sale and it is never on sale - every last package they had, nine in all. But now I have no money for groceries next week - I am broke. I'll just have to count on the rent not being cashed. I wrote the check for the first half of March rent, but of course will be holding onto it until mid-February (when I write the check for the second half of the month and turn in both together). And I can't buy anything BUT groceries until March. I am so in the hole right now.

Damn life sucks.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Not having enough $$ stinks! I'm still partially supporting my son....at a time when mondy is tight to begin with!

Lisa Sovulewski said...

Thanks so much for covering my shift on Thursday night. I know it was inconveniencing to say the least. I NEVER take sick days, and I felt like I was dying. Thankfully I've been resting most of the weekend, and my schedule is less harsh this week. You and Brad are lifesavers. :)