Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Photos & more photos, and nutrition

Calories eaten yesterday: 1728
Fat: 86g (47%)
Carbs: 43g (10%)
Protein: 139g (34%)

Calories burned in exercise today: 321

Last night I stuffed all of my recent purchases in a garbage bag and took them all home at once. About 20 feet from the front gate the bag broke, dropping everything on the ground. By some miracle nothing was broken. I worked in piecemeal through the gate, across the courtyard, and settled for taking it up the elevator instead of the stairs.

When I got everything home I went into organization mode. I transferred the contents of my jewelry boxes into the new, bigger jewelry box I bought. I had to do a bit of untangling of my necklaces. The little handle on the bottom drawer of the box broke (that's what I get for shopping at WalMart) so that drawer no longer has a handle. It's easy enough to open from the sides, though.

I took the flatware caddy and cut the plastic straps holding the utensils, then washed them. When I washed them they were so colorful I had to take pictures.

colors

colors


I took my old silverware, washed them and wrapped them in a paper towel, then placed them in the area with the stuff for Goodwill. I haven't had a chance to take the mini backpack I bought and make it my new purse yet.

I got to bed rather late by the time I did all this and got my salad for today made.

Weight this morning was 146.8, so basically 147. *sigh* That's 5 pounds above my original goal of 142 (and where I could live with my weight). I'm just not happy when I'm over 142. Blood sugar was 86. Finally back to normal. It seems to go higher on days I sleep in.

Got up at my usual time of 9:30 this morning and headed to the gym after posting some new photos on Flickr (Lisa sent me some pics from our Saturday dinner out). I missed the bus, so I walked down to the 11 bus stop and just barely caught it so I still got to the gym at my regular time.

I was tired at the gym, but rocking all the same. I just took longer rests between sets on my weight training, and did 55 minutes of weights. I read Muscle and Fitness Hers on the way there and decided to try some of the exercises they recommended. It's time to get buff for summer!

I did take Creatine before going to the gym, but I doubt that would make my performance better. Probably just a fluke. I thought Glutamine did the same thing, but that was just once so this is probably just coincidence, too.

Then I did 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 15 on the elliptical (the type with moving arms). I got my protein shake from my locker and drank that while I finished up with 20 minutes of walking. I've decided to switch to whey protein shakes and save casein protein for nighttime, in keeping with what I was told at the bodybuilding forum. I have some ancient whey protein that's about 3 years old. 130 calories a serving, 20g of protein, and only 4g carbs. It came out a bit thin, so I need to add less water, and it tasted a bit funny but didn't make me sick so it's probably safe to use. I added 4g Glutamine to it, which could have changed the taste, so next time less water and no Glutamine.

Brad wants to go walking on Saturday. Since we will get a late start due to me being at church most of the day we will just go straight to Lake Merritt so we don't have to worry about darkness.

I go grocery shopping tomorrow so I will start with the cottage cheese before bedtime. The plan right now is to try to keep the calories in decent range by having only 1/2 an avacado on my salad instead of a whole, and having 6 oz. of meat for my evening snack instead of 8 oz., or maybe just having an ounce of pork rinds. The cottage cheese is 180 calories, so I need to cut about 180 from other places.

I have more pictures from last Saturday night. These were the ones on Lisa's camera. Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Brad with a beer
Brad

Brad being a homie
Brad

Brad being a homie
Brad

Davina is having fun!
Davina

Davina & Lisa
Davina & Lisa

me with wine
me with wine


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: