Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blood sugar, my birthday, & blog hits

Weight this morning: 144.8
Calories eaten yesterday: 1761
Fat: 96g (51%)
Carbs: 43g (10%)
Protein: 122g (29%)
Calories burned in exercise: 228

I was going to do a light workout at home today but I woke up with a coughing fit, so I went back to sleep. Don't want to push myself too hard too fast, and I need to be ready for a looong walk on Friday. I'm still sore from my workouts the last two days anyway. I did walk the last 1.5 miles to work from the BART station though, so that's something. I stopped at WalMart on the way (adding a few more steps across the big parking lot) and picked up more diet soda and pork rinds.

Blood sugar was 90 this morning. I'm so glad it came back down. I'm curious if it will go up again after my oral surgery next Thursday.

Only two days until my birthday and my day to eat whatever my heart desires! I asked Brad to stop at McDonald's on his way to work and pick me up a McGriddle sandwich. By the time I pass a McDonald's the breakfast menu is over. McGriddles are one of my favorite "bad" foods. I plan to test fequently with my meter that day and log everything here. This will be my first carb binge since getting my meter and I want to see what happens. I'm insatiably curious about foods and their effect on my blood sugar.

My hits here have really gone up recently - from an average of just under 50 a day to just over 60 a day. I don't know why this happened, but I like it and wonder how long it will last. I see some hits from Flickr's diabetes group and Dr. Bernstein's diabetes forum, so that's part of the increase, but not all of it. Commenting on posts at Jimmy's blog also seems to net me some hits.

I've been trying to finish up Dr. Dan's Super Weight Loss Plan and get my Amazon review posted. I'll post the review here first, and it's going to be looong. Reading is slow going because I have to keep pulling out my highlighter and pencil and stay calm with his carbohydrate recommendations and his continual swipes at a low-carb approach. It seems to have been written when Atkins was very popular and he does his best to dissuade people from that approach.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and God bless.
Don't you just hate it when you go for that tasty naughty treat and it's GONE?!!