Friday, January 05, 2007

Life Is Good :-)

Weight Friday morning: 142.4
Calories eaten Thursday: 1522
Fat: 74g (45%)
Carbs: 41g (11%)
Protein: 82g (22%)
Calories burned in exercise: 0

Did pretty good. 142.4 isn't a new low, but it's a good sign I'm in the right direction again. I know I'll be up on Sunday because Saturday is my semi-cheat day, but it's just water fluctuations. I just gotta keep watching my calories and getting back to the gym will help. Thursday's the first day I felt pretty good, so I think I've turned the corner and rejoined the land of the living. :)

Got to sleep in Friday morning so my blood sugar was lower than if I got up at my normal time. Blood sugar was 83, and I'm quite happy with that.

Speaking of which, I've been blowing through strips pretty quickly, and I had to get a new vial of test strips Thursday night. That's when I noticed that I ordered 200 strips but received 400. There they were - 4 boxes of 100 strips each. I don't know why I didn't notice when I got the shipment. I'll chalk it up to being so sick when they arrived last week.

I contacted the seller to tell him and asked him what he wanted me to do. Friday morning I received this reply:
Thanks for your honesty. I guess that probably means I shorted someone else 200 strips. Getting old is not a good thing. Happy New Year & Happy Birthday, keep them. Or if you are in a generous mood too, send me $3,000 for the extra boxes, your choice.

Cool beans. I can always use extra strips! :) First I found $20 in the WalMart packing lot and now this. :)

Oh yeah, now that I have an old pay stub I can say that my cost-of-living raise is 80 cents more per hour. I love the money and certainly need it.

Brad and I made mulled wine. It came out okay. We have some more tweaks to do before I'll post the recipe. Stay tuned.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: