Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hungover?Happy New Year everyone! I hope you don't feel like like that picture to the right!

First, let's get some past business out of the way.

Calories eaten Wednesday: 1012
Fat: 44g (41%)
Carbs: 25g (10%)
Protein: 62g (26%)
Calories burned in exercise: 0

Calories eaten Thursday: 1634
Fat: 79g (45%)
Carbs: 41g (10%)
Protein: 100g (25%)
Calories burned in exercise: 0

Calories eaten Friday: 1757
Fat: 78g (41%)
Carbs: 46g (11%)
Protein: 110g (26%)
Calories burned in exercise: 0

Saturday and New Year's Eve were non-counting days, but I ate only low-carb foods. I walked the last 1.5 miles to work from the train station on Sunday and I think I overexerted myself. :-p I'm still not recovered from my cold.

I feel a little better today and I have a cough and am hacking up stuff, so I guess I'm getting better. My recovery plan is simple - do nothing but work and sleep and any stuff that HAS to be done (doing laundry, buying groceries). No gym or walking to work until I'm fully recovered.

Meter-wise I've pretty well settled on keeping my TrueTrack as my main meter and the Aviva as a backup. The Aviva is pretty good at testing me in about the same range as the TrueTrack, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. (The OneTouch was always lower.) At any rate, I'm impressed with the Aviva and am keeping it.

Cutting back on calories today to help make up for all the excess food eaten the last couple of days. Time to get serious about my plan now that the holidays are over. Well, almost. My birthday is in 11 days and that will be the end of the holidays for me.

So what are you going to do in the new year? What are your resolutions? I posted mine here, but I'd like to know what yours are. Are you going to lose weight (how?), exercise, eat healthier (what do you think is "healthier"?), pray more?

I have pictures from last night's New Year's Eve party (Brad and I) at my house. Click any of them to enlarge.

Abby
Abby on New Year's Eve

Xena
Xena on New Year's Eve

Food, glorious food!
New Year's Eve snacks

Abby gets neck scritches
Abby gets lovies on New Year's Eve

Sick on New Year's Eve...
It's New Year's Eve & I'm sick.

...but not too sick to party!
Not too sick to party!

Me drinking champagne
me drinking champagne

Brad drinking champagne
Brad drinking champagne on New Year's Eve


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

PJ said...

Lovely kitties! And I dig the blue in your hair.

Can't believe the banning thing. What is their problem, sheesh!

Feel better girlfriend. Winter colds, bleagh!

Unknown said...

Total sympathy with the cold! We've all had a nasty one for a couple of weeks. Blech. I say champagne is medicinal!

I think the blue hair is striking. It makes me want to try it instead of plain old blonde.

Happy New Year to You and the Kitties, and Brad too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
Happy new year, and nice to meet you. Brad