Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Death warmed over...

Calories eaten yesterday: 1240
Fat: 65g (50%)
Carbs: 39g (13%)
Protein: 68g (23%)
Calories burned in exercise: 90

Ug...very sick today. I took the day off work and taking the day off tomorrow also. After I slept about 12 hours I felt human again and knew I was up for the day and that I'd be able to do laundry. I washed the bedsheets, clothes, and a bunch of towels.

I took down the 2006 calendars and put up the two 2007 calendars I have.

Brad came over later bearing Nyquil and chicken broth (no chicken noodle soup when on a low-carb diet).

All my weight is in my belly. I wonder if I have a metabolic problem such as cortisol. No matter how much I cut back my calories and cut my carbs, I just keep gaining weight instead of losing. Some days I eat only one meal a day plus two or three snacks.

Breakfast is black coffee and two strips of bacon. If I work out I'll have a low-carb protein shake afterwards. Then I eat nothing for lunch; I just drink tea, Crystal Light, diet cola, and water. Then I have a good-sized dinner of meat, hot veggies, and salad. My normal bedtime snack for over two years has been a glass of wine and a cup of sugar-free Jello. You can view my food journal and see that I am not eating that much.

I can't wait until my birthday is past and I can work on my diet without having to worry about special occasions derailing me. The next special occasion is New Year's Eve. Brad will come over and we'll have champaigne, brie, and low-carb pizza.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: