Thursday, December 07, 2006

Pretty laid back day. My weight was up this morning, but I know I overate yesterday plus I ate before bed. Shame, shame. I didn't need all those calories. A small snack would have been better.

I'm doing another non-counting day and just trying to keep carbs low. I had two thick slices of bacon and one fried egg for breakfast. Yummy and it really does keep me full for hours.

I pulled out the pre-cooked chicken I bought earlier this week and heated it in the microwave, then ate it as I de-boned it. That was all I had for lunch - a ton of chicken. Maybe I'll eat some veggies when I get home since I need all the fiber I can get.

Then I had a bag of peanuts (1.75 oz) and my daily humongous salad for a light dinner. I know I'll be eating again today and I am trying to pay more attention to my body's signals and MAKE myself stop eating when I'm full.

Bought a bunch of ground chicken on my grocery run today and cooked it up. That means I can focus on cooking for the church potluck. I'm going to make the cauliflower fauxtatos and the chocolate cheesecake for church (I hope to get that recipe posted this weekend).

Saturday is the annual Christmas party at church so it's going to be a loooong day. :-p I hate this tradition, but it has to be done. However, the only edible food (aka anything low-carb) will be what I bring. I think I'll also make myself a sugar free PB&J sandwich on low-carb bread so I'll have a bit more to eat. We also have to do the $1 gift exchange. I always end up with something really lame and the whole idea of being able to steal a gift from someone else...bleh. They call it a game, but I hate it.

Brad is coming over tomorrow and we're driving out to Regina's and asking if she wants to come to Pyramid Brewery. We're going for drinks and dinner. They don't have any light beers there, but they do have wine. I wanted to walk around the lake, but the forecast is for rain.

I've been surprised as I tested my blood sugar that it rarely goes over 99, even after a meal. I guess that's the power of low-carb. The highest it's been was 107 and that was after intense exercise and a meal. It mostly hangs out in the mid-80s to upper 90s.

Multiclix lancet device and lancetsToday my new Multiclix lancet device and lancets came. (Click the picture to enlarge.) I bought it on eBay before I realized that I didn't need it. It still looks good though - better than the one I am currently using. Of course they say to use a new lancet each time "to prevent infection." Yeah right. The people on the diabetes forum I recently joined said lancets can be used over and over and the chance of infection is almost non-existent as long as you are washing your hands or using rubbing alcohol on the finger. And of course, don't share the needle. That should do without saying.

I need to keep my steps high because I realized my toe surgery is next Wednesday (removing the toenail) and that will mean I'll be unable to do much walking or any exercise for a while. I want to keep my average above 12,000 even if any given day is below that. I should make 12,000 today even though my only exercise was walking the last 1.5 miles to work.

The day of the surgery I'm planning on doping myself up on a couple of the Vicodin/Tylenol pills left over from my dental surgery. Probably some Ibuprofen, too. When it's all over I'll go home and sleep it off. I'm told that once your tow is numb you can't feel anything, but it's what is done to make the toe numb that I'm afraid of, because that does hurt.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: