Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I talked about my vacation check coming in an earlier post. I deposited it and paid off my bills. I'm all caught up! Yay! :) My local phone company had already sent a reminder-to-pay e-mail, so they were getting antsy.

Tomorrow is payday. Yippee! I have to write a check for the rent. Boo!

alcohol swabsI bought some Reli On alcohol swabs from Walmart today. I read that dirty fingers can cause blood sugar readings to be off, and it's too much trouble to wash my hands every time I want to test. The swabs are easier. And Walmart had 100 of the super cheapy ones for less than a dollar. It's amazing the amount of dirt that comes off one fingertip when I use these!

I'm not counting calories or carbs today because tonight was the annual department dinner at Applebees. So I had two eggs and two thick slices of bacon for breakfast with a spoonful of peanut butter. I spent the morning wrapping presents - tedious, but thankfully it's done. Then I walked the 1.5 miles from the BART station to work for exercise. At WalMart along with the swabs I bought some Russell Stover diabetic candy. I ate one package and I saved the other for after dinner since Applebees doesn't have anything sugar free. For lunch today I had a double cheeseburger (no bun) at the place next door. Delish! Also some celery with natural peanut butter.

At Applebees I ordered the blue cheese steak, subbed out the potatoes for extra veggies, and asked for no croutons on the veggies. I gave my garlic bread away to Brad, but did have a few bites. I got a Caesar side salad (no croutons) and Diet Coke.

High fat foods are yummy and satisfying. Low-carb not only works; it tastes great! :)

And my blood sugar had gone from 98 after lunch to 87 after dinner. Just stay away from sugars and startches! I hope to test Dreamfields pasta this weekend and see if it really is as low-carb as they claim. Also, if cooking it in tomato sauce takes away its low-carb properties, as some have maintained. I also want to see what low-carb whole wheat bread does to my blood sugar.

Here's my daily stats:
Weight: 144.8
Calories eaten yesterday: 1903
Fat: 98g (48%)
Carbs: 37g (8%)
Protein: 153g (33%)
Calories burned in exercise: 254

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: