Monday, December 18, 2006

Calories eaten yesterday: 1217 (after the boatload of calories I ate Saturday, this doesn't even start to make up for it)
Fat: 59g (45%)
Carbs: 37g (12%)
Protein: 81g (27%)
Calories burned in exercise: 375

My metabolism really is super slow. Yesterday and today my hands were ice cold all day, even when indoors in a heated room. I seem to take after my Mom on this - she was always complaining about being cold when I was growing up. Now that I'm grown up my metabolism has dropped through the floor and my body can't even heat itself well! Contrast that with someone like Brad who is always burning up. That's why eating a "normal" amount of calories causes me to gain weight. The last time I had my resting metabolism tested it was only 1610, and it's probably gone down in the year since then. Unfortunately, my gym no longer offers the test so I can't have it redone, even if I had the money.

Blood sugar before bed last night was 91. This morning it was 99.

The meter and test strips I sold last week on eBay went out today, and I have another eBay item for sale - an Accu-Check SoftClix lancet device and 25 lancets. (listing) (photo) I'm really happy with the MultiClix lancet device, so I don't need the SoftClix. The MultiClix really does seem to be the most painless way to test.

The post office was a zoo today. Everyone was packing and shipping. I thought it was bad last week; last week was a cake walk in comparison! I sent my Vicki box, the One Touch meter, and a diabetes organizer for my Dad.

Due to having to run into the City, the only exercise I got was walking the 1.5 miles from the BART station to work. FitDay says 118 calories. It took me 39 minutes because I veered off to make a stop at WalMart on the way. I was running out of gauze, tape, and antibiotic ointment in my first aid kit due to having to soak and dress my toe twice a day every day. :-p

Brad wants to walk around the lake twice on Friday, weather permitting. I am so up for that. I need the exercise.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: