Monday, December 11, 2006

Glucose meter accuracy?

Calories eaten yesterday: 1789
Fat: 94g (49%)
Carbs: 40g (9%)
Protein: 133g (31%)
Calories burned in exercise: 275

My One Touch Ultra 2 meter arrived today. It's cool and has lots of bells and whistles. But now I am wondering how accurate my TrueTrack is. The first time I compared them I got just about the same results. But when I compared them the two times after that I got very different results - about 10 points off. The TrueTrack gave the higher reading. I will compare them again later. I am still stuck with the TrueTrack for now because the One Touch Ultra kit only came with 10 test strips. I have more on order but they will take a while to get here, unless I try to buy some from the store. :-p

I do have the money for that because *sigh* I went and cashed another check I told Dad I wouldn't. It's Christmas. I have to pay for the shipping of a bunch of gifts, and I didn't have a gift for Renato or someone else. Damn, I hate the commercial side of Christmas. Why can't we just celebrate the Savior's birth instead of acting like the three wise men on crack cocaine?

I bought a Macy's gift card for Renato when I went to Macy's about my watch. This time instead of having me pick out a new watch someone there took some links out of the one I brought. (This is the one Millie gave me that was too big, so I returned it and ended up with another one that was too big.) I ain't a small person. Are people really that fat today?

Two other items also arrived today - my Accu-Chek SoftClix lancet device with lancets and the TrueTrack material that didn't come with my kit - control solution, the check strip, and the owner's booklet. By the way, I used the control solution and check strip on the meter and those tests came back fine, so I don't know why it's giving me readings all over the map, or why it's so much higher than the One Touch. I'm inclined to believe the One Touch since it's a much pricier and higher quality meter.

I ran into the City today, checked my mail and mailed a bunch of presents. I still need to mail my Vickitim her Vicki box this year, but she neglected to post her address on her bio. So the box still sits in the living room, waiting to be mailed. At least the ones for Mom and Bill, April and Renato, and Eleanor are all off. Because of the City run my only exercise today was walking the last 1.5 miles to work. At least it wasn't raining here. It was trying to rain in the City.

Re: Dreamfields - Someone suggested running the same test without the wine. I was planning on doing the test anyway, so I'll eat JUST the pasta with the sauce and Parmesan cheese and then test my blood sugar frequently over the next couple hours. I'll try to do that Saturday since that's my cheat day to eat foods I normally avoid during the week - only low-carb foods, but not all healthy.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: