Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Crap...

I feel like crap today. This thing with my foot really seems to have knocked my immune system for a serious loop-de-loop. Usually my low-carb diet keeps my immune system strong, but there's something about the surgery that still has me feeling weak. I think I'm getting a cold so I'm dosing on zinc and vitamin C today.

I really think my foot's beginning to heal. Yesterday I saw the first signs that it's really healing and looking better. It's also not as tender to the touch. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my high fasting glucose is also beginning to come down, though it is still not back to normal.

Pigged out before bed last night and still managed to have a blood sugar of 94 at bedtime. Woke up this morning and was 94 again.

Planned go to the gym, then realized I'd be better off skipping it and sleeping in. Tried to get Xena to get on the bed with me. Bad idea. I picked her up to turn her face toward me (she always wants to have her butt toward me). My Carmex was on the bed and something about it freaked her out. She went berserk and scratched the heck out of my arm. Stupid cat. She refused to stay on the bed and eventually ended up locked in the bathroom while I went back to sleep. I give them tuna last night and this is how I get treated. :-p

Here's pictures from yesterday's Christmas dinner at work. Click them to enlarge.

Brad

our table we ate at

me

me

me

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dinner turned out well.
You provided the faux potatos along with the veggie Casserole, which were so good! ! Thank you for the good food and time!

You are a good cook, considering all the easy style dishes you come up with. You say you don't like to cook, but what you do cook is well done and delicious. Yes, low-carb and healthy too.