Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

Calories eaten yesterday: 1353
Fat: 70g (49%)
Carbs: 37g (11%)
Protein: 81g (25%)
Calories burned in exercise: 314

The low calories yesterday were because I overate Saturday and of course overate today because it's Christmas Day! But all low-carb foods and I feel much better for it.

Skip to the next paragraph if you're a guy. You've been warned. TOM came today. After something like two months of nothing, it came. Great. That explains my "blah" feeling today. Brad even asked me if it was "that time of the month" because I was acting so out of sorts. This also explains why I felt sick to my tummy today. I ran across the street to the gas station to get some diet 7-Up. *sigh* There's a reason it's called "The Curse."

Brad and I had a nice dinner at work, with plenty left over to pig out the rest of the day. I have pictures and will post them as soon as I get them downloaded to my computer and edited.

Perhaps I should briefly explain something about Christmas here. It's not the highlight of the year for me. The highlight is Holy Week and Easter. My blog becomes fairly faith-based during that time. But Christmas - it just doesn't thrill me.

Got a nice pair of pajamas from my sister with the Mutts theme. The shirt has a picture of the world with the Mutts' cat and dog peeking over. The text reads, "Saving the world one kitty at a time." I'll post a picture of me wearing them at some point. They are the best gift I received and I wore them to bed last night. The pants are medium and fit perfect; the shirt is extra large and fits perfect. My body is so out of proportion. I've got huge boobs and upper arms so nothing ever fits.

A pair of cute winter socks, a calendar, and a pair of workout pants that are the wrong style and need to be returned rounded out the gifts. And Eleanor gave me some sort of owl magnet in two parts that sticks together. The two parts are lined with felt where they stick. I have no idea what it's for or why I would want it.

I only got the calendar from Mom because she's going to pay for my teeth whitening this coming year.

I ordered more TrueTrack test strips today off eBay. 200 of them for $57. That's 28 1/2 cents per strip. Good deal! Fasting blood sugar is getting lower as my toe begins to heal. Last night I was 90 and this morning 91.

Even though today's food is low-carb I've still been getting a rise in blood sugar from the natural sugars. The highest number so far today is 120, but I haven't tested often. I've also eaten way more artificial sweeteners than I should. Hey, it's Christmas! Tomorrow it's back to being strict again.

I'll be very interested to see what my blood glucose does when I carb out on my birthday. That should be very interesting. Only 2 1/2 weeks until my birthday! (Shhhh. I'll be 36.)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: