Sunday, December 24, 2006

New Year's Resolutions, final tally

These are my 2006 resolutions from this post. Resolutions are in italics. My comments are in regular type.

1) To get down to 142.

I did hit 142. I just couldn't stay there. I've been at 145 for most of the year and am currently closer to 147. Still, I did make it, so this is a pass.

2) To maintain my weight at no higher than 147. When I do go above, to get stricter with carbs again and get back on track.

Pass. This is about the only resolution I did 100%.

3) Do more work with weights to increase muscle mass
OR
Get my body fat down to 23%.

Or both. :)


I have worked more with weights, but alas, no real gain of any muscle. And my last body fat test was 24% I believe. I'll mark this as a fail.

4) Continue eating low carb, but play with my carb and fat grams to better fuel my time at the gym.

I give up on this one. I keep saying I'll do this, but I never do. I just don't care anymore, but it gets marked as another fail.

5) To do daily devotions using Our Daily Bread at least 5 days a week. To use the Web site until they start sending me the printed version.

I did bad with this at first. Once the printed version came I did better, and sometime during the year, not wanting to put "fail" under this resolution I got serious and started doing it seven days a week. So a slow start, but a good finish. I'll mark this as a pass.

So that's 3/5. I think I need to lower expectations of myself.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Victoria, you are doing wonderfully with your goals and Atkins plan. You have had some setbacks which; under the circunstances, are acceptable. There are many out there who; like you, are losing weight and maintaining new lifestyles. Yet, they all have similar stories. So, keep your spirits high. Many people fall off the plan or program soon after they begin! You have been on-track now for over 2 years.

You have established a support system through the internet, demostrating the Atkins program works. Atkins is a healthy eating alternative! You always have research and intelligent, cogent arguments to support your diet with its information. So, there is more to success here than failures. Lord has blessed you richly in my estimation.

B---
rad!